“Wake up, wake up, wake up, it’s the 1st of tha month.” – Bone Thugs n Harmony.
Hi, all. I like to sing this song at the beginning of every month. Doesn’t everybody?
ANYWHO, It’s March 1st and I’ve decided to reevaluate my goals from last month and adjust them for the upcoming month.
1. take a photography class – research and pick one within the next three weeks – I looked into photography classes and sadly had decided that it’s not in my budget right now. Being unemployed and paying for the bare necessities (food, shelter, and costumes) has really put a damper on my savings account.
2. train for another half marathon, but this time I want to be diligent about it. – I’ve been doing great with keeping up. Having a friend run with me really boosted my motivation and I’ve been keeping up ever since. Took a break yesterday and today because I am horribly sick (an overnight trip to Vegas with 600 people in 70’s costumes will do that to ya).
3. begin the steps to get a job out here – It’s been 6 months since I’ve moved out here and I’ve been too afraid to apply. I’ve definitely regressed a bit with the SAD progress I had made in therapy since moving out here to a new place full of new people. – WOW. This is horribly embarrassing. I’ve applied to one job. Pathetic. I really need to just throw out a million resumes and see what gets a bite.
4. work on making friends – I’ve been decent about this one, but definitely need to continue this goal for a while before I get comfortable calling people up randomly.
1. Continue running according to this halfie training program. Keep it up! You won’t regret it!
2. Apply to as many jobs as you find even somewhat interesting. Interviewing with a not-so-great job is practice for a great job!
3. Continue to work on making friends. Reach out!! Stop worrying that you’re bothering or that you’re not liked. Everyone likes being invited places. Right?
4. Leave the house everyday. (I sometimes will go days without leaving the house! Isn’t that crazy?)
5. Stop surfing the internet in bed. This makes time pass far too quickly and I find myself wasting time laying in bed in the mornings. The usual culprits: facebook, google reader, and twitter. The quicker I get out of bed in the morning, the more productive I am throughout the rest of the day (if a scientific experiment was done on me, this would be a proven fact).
6. Work with what you’ve got: even though I don’t have the best camera and lenses, start participating in a photo project.
Have you ever set goals and not met them? If so, how did you deal with it? If not, how do you motivate yourself to reach your goals?
How do you organize your goals? Daily? Monthly? Annually? I’m always looking for ways to organize my thoughts. I have way too many of them!